Swamper gets a KY bird

Posted by: Sackett

Swamper gets a KY bird - 04/19/17 02:11 PM

Swamper got his first KY bird this morning and on public land to boot!
Posted by: Wrangler

Re: Swamper gets a KY bird - 04/19/17 06:59 PM

Very nice gobbler,congrats
Posted by: rodeojoe

Re: Swamper gets a KY bird - 03/28/18 09:29 AM

Can't see the pic, but I am sure it was a nice one.

Oh Swamper I forgot to mention that the year I messed up my back out in Wyoming hunting. I was sitting in yours and Sackett's little fox hole or what ever you called it after our snow storm ended. And I picked up that old 3030 brass that you guys said was laying there.

I still have it around here somewhere. grin

Re: Swamper gets a KY bird - 03/30/18 11:08 AM

Originally Posted By rodeojoe
Can't see the pic, but I am sure it was a nice one.

Oh Swamper I forgot to mention that the year I messed up my back out in Wyoming hunting. I was sitting in yours and Sackett's little fox hole or what ever you called it after our snow storm ended. And I picked up that old 3030 brass that you guys said was laying there.

I still have it around here somewhere. grin

LOL It started out as Sackett Rock. Jimmy was 400 or yards or so away and having no luck, so I told him to come to where I was in that little group of rocks. We set there and killed most of our antelope and changed the name to Swackett Rock. LOL
I have set there and saw a lot of antelope!
Posted by: rodeojoe

Re: Swamper gets a KY bird - 04/01/18 07:33 AM

Yea, Sackett Rock. When I shot my last Pronghorn in 2014 I think? I was a few hundred yards to the left on top of the ridge. Hunt was ranging for me. Very good spot.
Posted by: Huntaholic

Re: Swamper gets a KY bird - 04/11/18 03:54 PM

LOL the screensaver on my phone is a pic Sackett took of me glassing for antelope from there! That spot has been good to a lot of us TN hillbillies in the last 15 years or so

Re: Swamper gets a KY bird - 04/11/18 04:21 PM

Originally Posted By Huntaholic
LOL the screensaver on my phone is a pic Sackett took of me glassing for antelope from there! That spot has been good to a lot of us TN hillbillies in the last 15 years or so

I love the view and I think that pic is one of the best pics I have taken out there.